Cosmetic Procedures in Prairieville, LA
Cosmetic dental treatments are aimed at improving the aesthetics of your smile. These procedures are carried out for both aesthetic and health reasons. Cosmetic dental procedures improve the shape, color, and alignment of your teeth, as well as the overall health of your smile. The cosmetic dental treatment you choose depends on your individual needs and preferences.
At Prestige Dentistry in Prairieville, LA, we offer several cosmetic dental treatments to help you achieve a smile you can be proud of.
What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is a branch of dentistry that focuses on enhancing the appearance of your smile through various dental procedures. Cosmetic dentistry is not limited to straightening or whitening your teeth but also includes procedures to restore the health and functionality of your smile. By restoring both the appearance and functionality of your smile, cosmetic dentistry can help you regain your confidence and boost your self-esteem.
What Are the Common Cosmetic Dental Procedures?
Some of the most popular cosmetic dental treatments we offer at Prestige Dentistry in Prairieville, LA, include:
- Teeth Whitening: This treatment works to remove stains from your tooth enamel to give you a bright, white smile. It is among the most popular cosmetic procedures across the globe and is considered an economical solution for giving you a more attractive smile.
- Composite Fillings: Composite fillings replace older metal fillings to restore teeth that are decayed, cracked, or worn down. They are highly durable and offer excellent sealing properties that prevent future decay.
- Dental Veneers: Veneers can be used to correct various cosmetic problems like discoloration, gaps between teeth, chipped or broken teeth, severely worn down teeth, etc. Veneers are very thin wafers made of a composite resin material that are attached to the front surface of the teeth to hide imperfections on their surface.
- Dental Implants: Implants are made up of a titanium screw that is surgically inserted into your jawbone, where it acts as an artificial root for your replacement tooth. Later, an artificial tooth designed to look and function like a natural tooth is attached to the implant to replace the missing tooth. Dental implants are known for their durability and longevity and are used as an alternative for lost natural teeth.
- Dental Crowns: Crowns are tooth-shaped caps made from a ceramic material that cover a tooth’s entire visible surface including its biting surface. They are used for various purposes like filling large cavities, restoring worn-out teeth, and protecting weak teeth from breaking or cracking.
- Gum Contouring: If the gum line does not match the contour of your teeth’ edges perfectly, it can lead to gums receding or exposing the root’s underlying tissues. Gum contouring helps eliminate gum recession by reshaping gum tissue and reattaching it to its ideal position.